Ok, as one of my dear readers pointed out, I have been lax in getting a post with photos out about our trip to Italy. As you may, or may not, know, Gina and myself were in Italy for two weeks at the beginning of August. We had a great time, especially getting to see Gina’s parents and two brothers at the family house in Liguria.
The main reason for the trip though was to scout places that we would conceivably want to live when we move to Europe in the future. We spent the first whole week blasting around up north trying to do way too many things and talk to way too many people in a language in which we can only barely communicate. Great fun.
The quick run-down of where and what.
- -Flew into Milan, drove north to Colico (next to Lake Como).
- -Checked out Sondrio (too big), Morbegno (too big), Chiavenna (just right) as possible towns to relocate to.
- -Hiked in Val di Mello, Val di Codera, Madesimo (ski area above Chiavenna).
- -Swam twice per day in Lake Como and Lake Mezzola, very nice but cold.
- -Checked out many physio clinics, hospitals, social services, town facilities, bike shops and climbing shops.
- -Drove to Zucchello (Gina's parents place).
- -Went swimming in the sea at San Fruttuoso (requires a hike in, only accessible by foot or boat).
So in the end, we were really tired, and had only somewhat figured out what we wanted to do. Isn’t that always the way. Enough words, lets see photos.
[caption id=“attachment_133” align=“aligncenter” width=“500” caption=“Our bags, yes this is it. We carried on everything because of out 3 flights. These contained sleeping bags, a tent and cooking stuff.”][/caption]
So that is the basics. If you want to see more photos definitely go and check out the gallery on my website. Just a note, the gallery is a little hidden so you can only get to it by the link, not by surfing around and looking for it.
blog comments powered by Disqus